The day after Mary McGlynn’s family reunion, August 4th., 2017, her high school class got together for their 50th. reunion at the McGlynn farm in Cazenovia, WI. I got to thinking about how these two reunions are similar, or different.
Weston High School 50 Year Reunion
- Age range.
Family; 8 months to eighty-six years.
High school; 68 years, plus or minus a year.
- Hair color. Family; all over the map. High school; all gray or white, except when “enhanced.”
- Kids. Family reunion; lots of kids running around. High school reunion; zero kids.
- Future. In 20 years, the family will still be having reunions…
McGlynn Family Reunion
- Controversy. Don’t talk about politics or religion.
- Favorites. You like some people, others, not so much. (The ones you DO like tend to agree with you politically – though you aren’t supposed to talk about that.)
- Emotion. Everyone is having a good time.
- Drinks. Plenty of “adult beverages.”