Save the date: Saturday, April 13, 2019
PMS 80.0 is coming to the
Dragon Theater in Redwood City.
Doors open 1:30; Show starts 2:00.
Tickets $30 at the door; $25 in advance. Seating is limited. Please order your tickets now:
This past Sunday, Mick LaSalle (S.F. Chronicle film critic),
gave us two clues for understanding my show.
• Range is overrated (Think Humphry Bogart). It is what you do within that range that matters. My range is narrow. No singing. No dancing. No acting. Just storytelling, plus slides, plus video.
• Seduction is more important than perfection. Mick is more interested in being seduced by a movie than whether or not it is perfect (which does not exist). My goal is to seduce you into the story. There is no danger that it will be “perfect.”
Core message: I want to seduce you
into my narrow-range show.
Gems you will take away from PMS 80.0:
- At what age did the Berkeley High School class of 1957 lose their virginity: 18.2 yrs? 19.6 yrs? 20.5 yrs?
- How did Dave Brubeck’s music help a German father and son reconcile the gulf between them due to WW II?
- How Norma McCorvey (the Roe of Roe v. Wade) dealt with anti-choice hecklers at pro-choice rallies?
- How music from our teenage years can revive us when we are at death’s door.
- How digital photography can ruin your marriage, drain your bank account, and send you to comedy traffic school.